Monday, March 2, 2009

When will things go wrong again

So, things are good. Seriously. I don't get it.

I remember a time, about four years ago, when I was just astounded by how good things were. I can almost remember the day, looking out the window at the valley and thinking, man this is great. I felt that again tonight. How I have missed it.

I'm listening to Vaughn Williams, Five Variants on Dives and Lazarus. This is the base for Hymn 284, for the layperson. And I felt it. I just felt it.

Work, home, Wife, Kids, the new baby, activities, blessings, music. It all fits. I have struggled as of late, trying to make sure I was going in the right direction, and now I see it. I can see it all unfold before me. I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. I am providing, I am doing my best for my family, I am succeeding. And it only means something because I know it's not me.

I don't thank Him enough. Not near enough. For all I have. For all I have been given. It is all because of Him.

2 comments: